The Center for International Science and Technology Policy (CISTP) is a world leader in international public policy research and education in science, technology, and innovation. It hosts visiting scholars from around the world and offers an International Science and Technology Policy M.A. program. Center faculty oversee the coursework and dissertation research of students working in related fields throughout the George Washington University.
Spring 2017 courses can be found HERE
February 1: Applications must be received by this date to be considered for admission only (you will not be considered for fellowships).
After February 1: Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions to see if there is space available.
The Institute for International Science and Technology Policy (IISTP) recently secured a Nuclear Science and Security Research grant, part of a consortium of seven other universities, led by the University of California, Berkeley, from the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA).
Currently, IISTP is looking to hire a GRA (a pre-doctoral fellow) to assist with research on the NNSA grant. The GRA's tasks will be to assist in research on solutions to the problem of nuclear waste disposal in Japan, and the associated proliferation risks posed by Japan's reprocessing-only strategy.
Job Description Summary
- Plans and develops research methods and techniques within the framework of the NNSA grant project
- Maintains accurate records of research findings and analyzes results
- Assists and sometimes leads data collections efforts associated with the NNSA grant
- Writes topic specific reports of studies and research conducted, and presents results at relevant events
- Attends and contributes to relevant internal and external meetings, seminars, and conferences
- Assists in grant related event organization and execution
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the PI, Allison Macfarlane, from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
- Should be a Ph.D. candidate who has passed their qualifying exams
- ABD students preferred
- must be a U.S. citizen
- cover letter
- writing sample
- 2-3 references
Please send all relevant documents to Zlata Gogoleva at firstname.lastname@example.org.